Previously Discussed Books
Here are some of the books we've already discussed (not in any special order--we do enjoy variety!):
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly; My Ex-Life by Stephen McCauley; A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg; Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen; Harry's Trees by Jon Cohen; Prairie Fires: The American Dream of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Caroline Fraser; The Daring Ladies of Lowell by Kate Alcott.
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce, Finn by Jon Cleve; Midnight Rising: John Brown and the Raid that Sparked the Civil War by Tony Horwitz; The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kieman, The Help by Kathryn Stockett; Loving Frank by Nancy Horan; Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, and Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicolas Kristoff.
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance, The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict, and A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Life of Pi, by Yann Martel, The Greengage Summer by Rumer Godden, Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris, The Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston, The Shipping News by E Annie Proulx, Alias, Grace by Margaret Atwood, The Plot Against America by Philip Roth, and Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safron Foer.
- Hellhound on His Trail by Hampton Sides, Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Twain, War and Peace by Tolstoy, and The Age of Innocence by Wharton
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson and Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing, The Johnstown Flood, The Wright Brothers, and 1776 by McCullough, Waiting for Snow in Havana by Eire, Red Azalea by Anchee Min, and The Boys in the Boat by Brown.
- H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson, and The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, her American Doctors, and the Collision of two Cultures by Ann Fadiman
- Signora da Vinci by Robin Maxwell, The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty, Carry on Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse and The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith, Killshot by Elmore Leonard, Centennial by Michener
- The works of Ray Bradbury and Jane Austen
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, The Secret Life of Bees and The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Sarum by Edward Rutherford, Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen, and Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Elm at the Edge of the Earth by Robert D. Hale, The Rosie Project by Simsion, and An Imaginative Experience by Mary Wesley
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling and The Hobbit by Tolkien
- Random Family: Love, Drugs, Trouble and Coming of Age in the Bronx by Adrian LeBlanc, Young Men and Fire by Norman Maclean, and Blue Highways: a Journey into America by William Least Heat-Moon