We Offer Great Services for Kids!
Come visit and take advantage of all the great services we have to offer: StoryTimes for all ages, crafts, special events, suggested reads, puzzles and games, links to resources and of course all of our great books, CDs, videos, and recorded books.
The photo at the right illustrates one of our Learn to Paint workshops!
december Special Events
Read to a Therapy Pet
Saturday, December 2, 10:30-11:45 a.m.
Read out loud to one of our many therapy pets. All ages.
Chess Workshop for Youth
Saturday, December 2, 10:30 a.m.
Learn chess or improve your skills with our chess expert, George Mirijanian.
CRAFTS FOR KIDS
Saturday, December 2, 12 Noon - 2:00 p.m.
Join us for a crafty afternoon at the Library. Hosted by the Women's Auxiliary of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. Ages 5 and up.
Wednesday, December 20, 2- 4 p.m.
Hang out at the Library on your half day and game with friends. Play on the Xbox, Wii or with our virtual reality glasses.
Thursday, December 21, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Brought to us by Eva Kelly of the Fitchburg Public Schools, this is an interactive literacy group for young children and their parents.
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m.- Storytime with Ms. Jane. Sing and dance and hear some stories. For children of all ages.
- 4 - 5 p.m. Maker Mondays, Create wonderful pieces of art and/or learn about circuits and coding. Ages 6 and up; children under 10 need to be supervised by an adult.
- 6- 7 p.m. Pokemon Game Night. Just drop in and play. All ages.
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Storytime with Ms. Jane. Shake your sillies out!
- 4:00 -4:45 p.m. - Afternoon crafts with Ms. June. Ages 5 and up
- 4-5:00 p.m. The Owl Book Club (first and third Wednesdays). Ages 10 and up.
- 6 - 6:30 p.m. Yoga Storytime with Miss Nikki For ages 2-7.
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Lego Club. All ages--just drop in!
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Steam Garden Play Group, sponsored by MOC. Learn about science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) concepts through this parent/child interactive play group. Ages 0-5
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Homeschool Learning Lab. Series of educational workshops for Homeschool students.
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Game Day. Play video or board games. Permission slip and a library card is required for video games. For ages 5 and up.
homework center--Monday through Thursday
- 3 - 5 p.m. - Homework Center. Do your homework at the library! The homework center provides students ages 6 and up with a safe and supportive environment for their studies. Computers, reference materials and extra school supplies are available for students.
Family storytimes are every Monday and Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Each time, Ms. Jane will delight your preschooler with stories, songs, and movement. Come and "shake your sillies out!"
On the first Tuesday of every month, Mister Wally joins us with his guitar for more fun!
Tuesday Crafts with Ms. June
Time to get creative! Join our resident artist, Ms. June, to create fun things every Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the Youth Library. For ages 6-12, no registration required.