- 6 p.m.in the Fitchburg Fire Department Community room, 33 North Street.
- Generally, the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. If the 1st Monday of the month is a holiday the meeting is generally held on that Wednesday. Please call the City Clerk's office to be sure of a particular meeting date.
- There are no regular meetings held in August.
- The deadline to file paperwork to appear on any agenda is always the Wednesday prior to the meeting no later than 4:30PM.
- Fitchburg License Commission c/o City Clerk's Office
166 Boulder Drive
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Agendas & Minutes
View most recent agendas and minutes.
View agendas and minutes from 2011 and earlier.
- Daniel Sarefield, Chair
- Glenn Fossa
- Richard Boscardin
Purpose & Responsibilities
Per Chapter 120 Article 1 of the City Code, the Licensing Board is responsible for the issuance and monitoring of licenses with respect to the sale of alcoholic beverages, subject to the provisions of General Laws Chapter 138.
They license the following:
- Automatic amusement devices
- Common victuallers
- Lodging houses
- Student housing in student housing overlay district Solicitors/canvassers
- Taxi companies
- Taxi vehicles and taxi drivers
The Licensing Board is comprised of 3 residents. Pursuant to General Laws Chapter 138, subject to the provisions of Chapter 120 of the City Code of the 3, one must be from each of the two leading political parties. Commissioners are appointed to serve a six year term by the Mayor, subject to approval by the City Council.